Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School, together with school families and the parish community, seeks to nourish the whole child through a Catholic education that provides academic excellence while following Christ’s example of love and service.
Praise God. Work Hard. Love One Another.
Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School is a place for students to engage in challenging, standards based curricula and engaging instruction, that will enable them a degree of mastery in the 4 tenets of 21st century education: critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and most vital, creativity. Our strong academic tradition combined with daily use of technology will move our students forward, keeping in step with the globalization of the twenty-first century. As society changes, our students need change, and the education necessary to adapt to the changing world around us. Most importantly, however, we value that knowledge immersed in faith and virtue builds character and moral ground that carry our students into high school and beyond. To know God and to love God are goals we hold strong for each and every student at Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School.
Our vision for an 8th grade graduate of Our Lady of the Lake School is that they will be able to:
- Fulfill and/or exceed all requirements as stated in the Minnesota State Academic Standards
- Critically interpret, evaluate, and synthesize information
- Explore, define, and interpret complex problems
- Communicate effectively for a given purpose
- Advocate for ideas, causes, and actions
- Collaborate with others to produce a unified product or create a greater understanding
- Contribute to the greater community through service and/or leadership
- Conduct themselves in an ethical and moral manner
- Be globally aware and respect other cultural points of view
- Live by Christ’s example of loving service